2012 Vienna Turkey Trot
REGISTRATION ON RACE DAY IS AVAILABLE
Race Time: Warms-ups at 8:00am. 10k and 5k races begins at 8:15am, 1-mile Fun Run at 9:15am
Packet Pick-up AND Race Day Registration: 7:00am-8:00am - only 100 slots available for same-day registration and no t-shirt ($5 discount):
- $10: Fun Run
Vienna Volunteer Fire Department
400 Center Street South
Our 10th anniversary! The James Madison High School Band (JMHS) will be hosting the 10th annual Vienna Turkey Trot 10k, 5K and 1-mile Fun Run. Proceeds will benefit the JMHS "Pride of Vienna" Marching Band and the Vienna Volunteer Fire Department. We will also be collecting non-perishable food items for a local food bank. Join us for a great run, live music by the JMHS jazz band, fun prizes, refreshments after the race, tour a Fire truck and more!
For safety and to aid competitive runners, corals will be utilized at the start:
- Coral 1: 7:00 min/mile and below
- Coral 2: 8:30 min/mile
- Coral 3: 9:30 min/mile and above
Additional Information: Early packet pick-up will be the 16th and 17th at three convenient locations:
1) On your way home from work Friday, 16 Nov stop by Donatos (126 Branch Road) off Maple Ave from 4:00-8:00 to get your race packet and a pizza! Donatos is offering a Dinning for Dollars event this night to support the race, and if you buy dinner there, they will donate 20% to our event beneficiaries!
2) On Saturday, 17 Nov from 9:00am-3:00pm, Road Runners Sports in Falls Church on route 7 will host our second early packet pick-up for those of you north of Vienna. They will be offering 10% off all running gear at their store on top of VIP membership benefits and other discounts! Pick-up a pair of new shoes and some winter running gear while you are there!
3) Whole Foods Vienna will host our third early packet pick-up Saturday, 17 Nov from 4:30 to 8:00pm. Come for dinner and load-up on good carbs at their hot food bar and Whole Foods will donate 5% to the Turkey Trot!
Race Day Registration and packet pick-up is from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM. Races begins at 8:15am sharp. The 10k, and 5k course starts at Cherry Street to the side of the Fire Department, goes to Elm Street, then to Cottage, left on Yeonas and the turnaround point is on James Drive. 10k runners will do the course twice. The Fun Run will be on the same course, and start about 9:15am, out 1/2 mile and back.
ATTENTION 10k Runners: you will have 75min to complete the course before the Vienna police open the road for traffic. If you do not think you can, then please register for the 5k.
Awards: $75, a trophy, and a free-range, organic turkey from Whole Foods Vienna, will be given to the overall male/female, Masters (over 40) winners, and $50 for second, $25 for third for both 10k and 5k races. As a USATF certified race, all awards will be determined by the runner's gun time.
Medals will and gifts from Red Mango Vienna (5$ coupons and t-shirts) be awarded to age groups: 10 and under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and for our top three stroller pushers. A big thanks to Stroller Strides Northern Virginia who will be providing generous gift certificates to the top three stroller pushers: $150, $75 and $25 for BOTH races!
Race packets must be picked up on race day before 7:45 AM and will not be available after the race. Technical race-shirts for all, but are not guaranteed for participants registering after November 4th.
Early 5k registration:
15 and older: $25
Under 15: $20
After October 31st:
15 and older: $30
Under 15: $25
Early 10k registration: $35
After October 31st: $40
Fun Run is just $15
Online Registration will close at noon on Friday November 16, after that you may register in person on raceday at the Vienna Fire Department between 7:00am and 8:00am.
Vienna, VA 22180
|10K registration||$ 40.00|
|5K 15 and older||$ 30.00|
|5K Under 15||$ 25.00|
|1 Mile Fun Run||$ 15.00|